Get your Website Design Invoice Template in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Website Design Invoice?
A website design invoice is a formal document that a website designer or design agency sends to their client. This invoice itemizes all the services provided and presents a detailed overview of costs associated with the website design project. It includes information about the company or individual providing the service, the client, a detailed breakdown of work completed, the total amount due, payment terms, and due date.
Importance of an invoice for website design
Possessing a well-structured website design invoice not only helps you maintain a professional image but also ensures that all your charges are accurately accounted for. Such an invoice template also helps you avoid any potential disputes with your clients over unclear charges. Furthermore, it supports healthy cash flow since clients are likely to make prompt payments when they receive a well-detailed invoice.
How to Fill Out Website Design Invoice Template
When it comes to completing this form, the process is pretty straightforward. Here are some steps to begin:
- Starting with the "Your Company Name" field, input the name of your web design company. Make sure to use the officially registered name of your company to maintain professionalism.
- Move onto the "Your Business Address" section. Fill it out with your company's official physical address.
- Continue on to insert your "City", "Country", and "Postal" in their respective fields.
- Next is the "Bill To" section. Input the official name of the company you're billing in the "Company Name" field.
- Insert the address of the company you're billing in the "Address" field, followed by their "City", "Country", and "Postal" in their respective fields.
- In the "Invoice #" field, input your unique invoice number. This will most likely follow a specific system your company uses to keep track of invoices.
- Fill out the "Date" field with the date when the invoice is issued.
- Enter the "Invoice Due Date", which is the date by which the payment should be made by the company you're billing.
- Move onto the "Items" field. Here, describe the web design services your company has provided. For example, this could include things like "Website Design", "Logo Creation", "SEO Optimization".
- In the "Description" field adjacent to each item, add further detail about the services provided. Make sure to be clear and specific.
- Input the "Quantity" of each service provided. This could be the number of hours of work, number of designs, etc.
- Add the "Price" for each service rendered. This should be the amount agreed upon with the customer per service unit (for example per hour or per design).
- In the "Tax Amount" field, calculate and input the tax amount for each service. Remember to check and comply with your local tax laws.
- The "Total ($)" will need to be filled by adding up the Price and Tax Amount for all the services you have provided.
- Use the "Notes" section to provide any additional information or comments that need to be known by the company being billed.
Digital convenience: Website design invoice PDF
In today's digital world, a website design invoice PDF is increasingly more common and convenient. Besides its convenience, it also adds an extra layer of professionalism to your operations. You can create a digital invoice and save it as a PDF. Then, email it to your clients. They can easily view, download, print, or save it for their records. Also, the electronic format has an undeniable advantage: damage to nature from physical paperwork is minimized.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Website Design Invoice Template