Get your VA 21-8940 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a VA Form 21-8940?
The VA 21-8940 form is a Veteran's Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability. VA form 21 8940 unemployability is used to determine if a veteran is eligible for additional benefits based on their inability to work due to a service-connected disability. It is also known as the TDIU (Total Disability Individual Unemployability) form.
How To Fill Out the VA Form 21-8940 Online
Filling out the VA 21-8940 form online is a simple process. Follow these steps to complete the form:
- Access the PDFliner website.
- Search for the veterans unemployability form.
- Download a copy of the VA form 8940 to your computer or start fill it out online.
- Fill out the form electronically, providing accurate and complete information.
- Save the completed form to your computer.
- Upload the completed form to the VA's website or submit it through the mail.
What Should the VA 21-8940 Include
The VA 21-8940 form should include information that supports the veteran's claim for increased compensation based on unemployability. Here are some examples of what the VA form for unemployability should include:
- Information about the veteran's current employment status.
- Information about the veteran's service-connected disabilities.
- A list of the veteran's work history, including past jobs and their duration.
- A list of the veteran's current medical conditions and limitations.
- Information about the veteran's education and vocational training.
- Information about the veteran's current sources of income.
- Supporting documentation, such as medical records and employment history.
When to Request the VA 21-8940 Form
Veterans should request the VA 21-8940 form if they are unable to work due to a service-connected disability. The form is used to apply for increased compensation based on unemployability, also known as TDIU. Here are some situations when a veteran should request the VA 21-8940 form:
- The veteran has a service-connected disability that prevents them from working.
- The veteran's service-connected disability has worsened to the point that they can no longer work.
- The veteran has attempted to work but was unable to due to their service-connected disability.
- The veteran has received a denial of a previous claim for TDIU and wishes to reapply.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online VA 21-8940