Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Get your SWBS Chart Template in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a SWBS Chart?
Let's dive into understanding what is a SWBS Chart. Simplifying this technical term, SWBS stands for Somebody-Wanted-But-So. It is an organizational tool aiming to help you analyze and deliver insights over literary texts, narratives, or storylines in a structured way.
Benefits of a SWBS chart
A SWBS chart and reflection phase go hand-in-hand. Think of it as a mental exercise to enhance the narrative assessment skills. It allows the analyzers to chew over:
- Different characters' perspectives.
- Possible outcomes due to certain actions.
- Identifying and comprehending conflicts in the storyline.
- Reflection on story development.
The need for such a chart can be avidly seen in educational and professional fields, where understanding the outcome and potential course of action plays a pivotal role.
How to Fill Out a SWBS Chart Template
Cracking the puzzle of how to fill out this form is not that difficult. The structured nature of a SWBS chart makes it easy to complete:
- Navigate to the 'Somebody' section. This section is crucial as it sets up the context for your whole narrative. Enter the main character or subject matter of your context. Be as concise and specific as possible.
- Proceed to the 'Wanted' section. This is where you'll put down what your main character or entity desires or aims to achieve. Ensure that you keep the goals relevant to your narrative and as detailed as possible for thorough understanding.
- Move on to the 'But' section. Here is where you denote the obstacles or challenges faced by the principal character or entity in reaching their goals. These could be external hindrances, internal struggles, or a combination of both. Just like before, make sure your information is specific and relevant.
- Now, navigate to the 'So' section.' This section is meant to denote the resolution or the end of your narrative. You describe what follows after the character faces their challenges. How did they cope with them? Were they successful in achieving their desires?
- After filling out the SWBS chart template with correct details and information, review your answers to make sure they're accurate and complete.
- Now, you can choose to print, share, or download your filled-out SWBS chart template. Select the appropriate action from the toolbar options at the top of the page.
Situations to use a SWBS chart
Understanding when to use a SWBS chart can make your literature analysis more efficient and profound. Here are some scenarios:
- Analyzing Literature: SWBS charts are perfect when dissecting a complex narrative or literary piece. Whether it's a novel, short story, play, or even a poem, applying this chart to identify the core elements brings clarity and depth to your analysis.
- Storytelling: If you're crafting a story, the SWBS chart can work as a great drafting tool. It can help structure your narrative by defining your protagonist's goal, identifying the conflict, and outlining the resolution.
- Education: It's a popular tool in classrooms for teaching literature. Teachers use SWBS charts to encourage students to think critically about what they read, as well as to help them understand the story structure.
- Presentations and Meetings: When you need to quickly summarize a complicated plot or situation for a presentation or meeting, an SWBS chart can provide a fast and effective solution.
Fillable online SWBS Chart Template