SC-100 Plaintiff s Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court


(4.6 / 5) 78 votes
SC-100 Plaintiff s Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court - Thumbnail

Get your SC-100 Plaintiff s Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court in 3 easy steps

  • 01 Fill and edit template
  • 02 Sign it online
  • 03 Export or print immediately

What is Form SC-100?

The SC 100 form is also known as the Plaintiff’s Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court. This document was created and released by the Judicial Council of California. It is legally binding between the person and the defendant. To fill out the document you have to be the plaintiff or representative of a plaintiff who is suing. The defendant must be notified in advance about the whole procedure that starts. Officials offer you to read more information for the plaintiff before the whole procedure begins to understand your rights. There is a specific form SC-100-Info that contains all the information inside. It can be found in the court or the law library. If you don’t want to go anywhere, just read the details on the official website of the court in California. This form is available for everyone, but you still have to be a resident or connected somehow to California state to be able to send the case to the local court using local law.

Whenever you fill out the template, you need to make copies. Each party must receive at least one copy and several on demand. This is not a free-of-charge document. You have to pay the fee for the filing whenever you send it or give it to the clerk.

SC-100 Plaintiff s Claim on PDFLiner

What I need the Form SC-100 for?

  • You need small claims form SC 100 as a plaintiff to prove your point of view and your case. You can bring any witnesses and papers in the court that can prove your point. This form usually covers cases related to the money that the defendant owes to the plaintiff according to the claim. You can’t claim for a sum over $10,000 in this court, since it is a small claims court;

  • You need protectosil SC-100 Plaintiff's claim and order as a representative of the corporation, public entity, partnership, or business if the sum of the claim is $5,000 no more. This is the best option to claim for a limited amount of money since the process is cheaper and quicker than in the ordinary court.

How to fill out Form SC-100?

You will find Plaintiff's claim form SC 100 on the official website of the Judicial Council of California.  There is a separate form that contains additional information with a detailed description of the plaintiff’s rights. Read the form in advance, and make sure you don’t want to claim more than $10,000 as a private person or $5,000 as the representative of the corporation. Once you read it, you need to fill out the document. Use PDFLiner which contains all the editing tools to fill the form online in no time. After you do it, save the copy on your device, print copies for all parties, and hand one to the clerk. You can send the document via email to the other party. Here is what you need to include there:

  1. Provide details about the plaintiff, including name, address, and phone number. Pick the matching statement about the plaintiff and put the tick in the box;

  2. Provide information on the defendant, including name, address, email, and phone;

  3. Provide information on the money that the plaintiff claims that the defendant owes, including the total amount and the reason;

  4. Share the reasons you bring the claim to the court.

SC-100 Plaintiff s Claim on PDFLiner

Organizations that work with Form SC-100

  • Judicial Council of California;

  • Any lawyer who works with a small claims court.

Fillable online SC-100 Plaintiff s Claim and Order to Go to Small Claims Court
(4.6 / 5) 78 votes
Please, wait...
We use unpersonalized cookies to keep our site working and collect statistics for marketing purposes. By continuing to use this site, you consent to this policy. Learn more