Get your New York Form ST-121.1 in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is New York Form ST-121.1?
NY Form ST-121.1 is a sales and use tax return form used by businesses registered with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance to report and pay sales tax collected on taxable sales made within the state. The form is typically filed and the tax is paid every quarter.
Who Should Use New York Form ST-121.1?
Form ST-121.1 should be used by businesses registered with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance and must collect and pay sales tax on taxable sales made within the state. This includes businesses that sell tangible personal property, specific services, and admissions to places of amusement or recreation. If a business makes sales within New York State but doesn't have a physical location there, they may be required to register and file a ST-121.1 tax form as well.
How To Fill Out New York Form ST-121.1
New York Form ST-121.1 sales and use tax return form requires the following information:
- Business information: Business name, address, and tax identification number.
- Period covered: The dates covered by the return.
- Taxable sales: The total amount of taxable sales made during the period.
- Sales tax collected: The total amount of sales tax collected on taxable sales.
- Exempt sales: The total amount of sales exempt from sales tax.
- Taxable use: The total amount of taxable use tax due on purchases made without paying sales tax.
- Tax due: The total amount of tax payable, calculated by adding the collected sales tax and taxable use tax.
- Payments and credits: Any payments or credits applied to the tax due.
- Overpayment or underpayment: Any overpayment or underpayment of tax for the period.
- Signature: The form must be signed and dated by the business owner or authorized representative.
Also, you should ensure that all the information is accurate and complete before submitting the form and filing and paying the tax by the due date.
How To Get New York Form ST-121.1
You can get the form ST-121.1 in several ways:
- Online: PDFliner website provides the option to download the form as a PDF or fill it out online.
- By mail: You can request a form to be mailed by contacting the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance at (518) 485-2889.
- In-person: You can visit a Department of Taxation and Finance office and request a form in person.
Also remember that before you can file ST 121.1, you will need to register as a sales tax vendor with the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online New York Form ST-121.1