Get your HIPAA Agreement Form in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a HIPAA Agreement Form?
A HIPAA agreement form is a document used to obtain permission to use and disclose protected health information (PHI) in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). This form ensures that healthcare providers, insurance companies, and other covered entities comply with HIPAA regulations regarding the confidentiality and privacy of patient health information.
How To Fill Out the HIPAA Agreement Form Online
If you need to fill out a Hipaa employee confidentiality agreement form online, follow these steps:
- Obtain the form: You can usually find the HIPAA agreement form on the PDFliner website, healthcare provider, or insurance company.
- Provide your personal information: The form will require your full name, date of birth, address, and phone number.
- Identify the covered entity: The form will ask you to identify the healthcare provider, insurance company, or other covered entity using or disclosing your PHI.
- Specify the purpose of the use or disclosure: You will need to provide a brief description of why the covered entity needs to use or disclose your PHI. For example, it could be for treatment, payment, or healthcare operations.
- Indicate the types of PHI that will be used or disclosed: The form will ask you to specify which types of PHI the covered entity will be using or disclosing. This could include your medical history, diagnoses, test results, and treatment plans.
- Set limits on the use or disclosure: You may have the option to limit the use or disclosure of your PHI. For example, you may allow the covered entity to use your PHI for treatment purposes but not for marketing purposes.
- Sign and date the form: Once you have completed the form, you will need to sign and date it to indicate your agreement.
What Should the HIPAA Agreement Form Include
The employee HIPAA agreement form should include the following information:
- Purpose of use or disclosure: The form should clearly state why the covered entity needs to use or disclose your PHI.
- Types of PHI: The form should specify which types of PHI will be used or disclosed. This could include your medical history, diagnoses, test results, and treatment plans.
- Limits on use or disclosure: You should have the option to set limits on the use or disclosure of your PHI. For example, you may allow the covered entity to use your PHI for treatment purposes but not for marketing purposes.
- Duration of authorization: The form should state how long the authorization will be valid. In general, authorizations are valid for one year from the date of signing, but the covered entity may specify a different time frame.
- Right to revoke authorization: The form should explain that you have the right to revoke the authorization at any time.
Signature: You should sign and date the form to indicate your agreement.
When to Request the HIPAA Agreement Form
You may need to request a HIPAA employee confidentiality agreement form in the following situations:
- Access to your medical records
- Authorization for a third party
- Insurance claims
- Research studies
- Prescription refills
- Sharing information with family members
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online HIPAA Agreement Form