Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Get your Form CM-010 California Civil Case Cover Sheet in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is Form CM-010?
The CM-010 form is also known as California Civil Case Cover Sheet. In brief, this document describes the basic information about the case to the court. Apart from the family law cases with another form, this one is sent to the court at the beginning of each civil case. The California Superior Court created the document to simplify their work and lessen the time for the case introduction. California civil case cover sheet can be used only in the civil courts of California. There are no similarities with the cover sheet for civil cases in other states.
The form was updated in 2021. It contains a simple-to-fill table, which describes the type of case. Without this form, the court cannot start the procedure immediately. You have to be specific about each detail. The civil case cover sheet in California does not have to be used for the small cases included in the Welfare and Institution Code, Probate Code, or as mentioned above Family Code. You may receive sanctions if you don’t file this document in advance. The local court may have an extra cover sheet which you also have to fill out.
What do I need CM-010 form California for?
- You need form CM 010 at the beginning of the case when you represent it to the court and want to ensure all necessary details are included. The form can be attached to the extra cover sheet that the local court releases;
- You have to file a civil case cover sheet form CM-010 to each party of the action according to the California Rules of Court;
- The Civil Case Court needs California CM 010 at the beginning of the procedure to make sure that the case belongs to their jurisdiction, there are no mistakes made in the document, and they can start the work. It simplifies their actions and saves time.
How to Fill Out the Civil Case Cover Sheet Form CM 010?
You can find form CM-010 here on PDFLiner. The form is easy to complete but you have to be specific in the case description. You need to check numerous small boxes before you put the tick near the most appropriate and suitable to your case. The form is two pages long. It can be downloaded on your computer, printed, or sent online to the other party when you complete it.
You can use PDFLiner and its editing tools to fill the document online. Here is what you need to provide in CM 010 sample:
- Write down the attorney's name or person if there is no attorney. Include the person number, fax, and the person who the attorney represents;
- Write down the name of the California court, address, and name of the branch;
- Name the case;
- Put the ticks in the boxes that match your specific casein sections 1 to 6;
- Provide the current date, type your name, and put the signature.
Organizations that work with CM-010 fillable form
- Superior Court of California and local law companies.
Fillable online Form CM-010 California Civil Case Cover Sheet