Get your Form CM-010 California Civil Case Cover Sheet in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is Form CM-010?
The CM-010 form is also known as California Civil Case Cover Sheet. In brief, this document describes the basic information about the case to the court. Apart from the family law cases that have another form, this one is sent to the court at the beginning of each civil case. The document was created by the California Superior Court to simplify their work and lessen the time for the case introduction. California civil case cover sheet can be used only in the civil courts of California. There are no similarities with the cover sheet for civil cases in other states.
The form was updated in 2021. It contains a simple to fill the table, which describes the type of the case. Without this form, the court will not be able to start the procedure immediately. You have to be specific about each detail. The civil case cover sheet California does not have to be used for the small cases that are included in the Welfare and Institution Code, Probate Code, or as was mentioned above Family Code. If you don’t file this document in advance, you may receive sanctions. The local court may have an extra cover sheet which you also have to fill out.
What I need the Form CM-010 for?
- You need form CM 010 at the beginning of the case when you represent it to the court and want to make sure that all necessary details are included. The form can be attached to the extra cover sheet that is released by the local court;
- You have to file a civil case cover sheet form CM-010 to each party of the action according to the California Rules of Court;
- The Civil Case Court needs California CM 010 at the beginning of the procedure to make sure that the case belongs to their jurisdiction, there are no mistakes made in the document, and they can start the work. It simplifies their actions and saves time.
How to Fill Out Form CM-010?
You can find form CM-010 here on PDFLiner. The form is easy to complete but you have to be specific in the case description. There are numerous small boxes you need to check before you put the tick near the most appropriate and suitable to your case. The form is two pages long. It can be downloaded on your computer, printed by you, or send online to the other party when you complete it.
You can use PDFLiner and its editing tools to fill the document online. Here is what you need to provide in CM 010 sample:
- Write down the name of the attorney or person if there is no attorney. Include the person number, fax, and the person who the attorney represents;
- Write down the name of the California court, address, and name of the branch;
- Name the case;
- Put the ticks in the boxes that match your specific casein sections 1 to 6;
- Provide the current date, type your name, and put the signature.
Organizations that work with Form CM-010
- Superior Court of California and local law companies.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form CM-010 California Civil Case Cover Sheet