Form 8955-SSA (2022)
Get your Form 8955-SSA in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is Form 8955-SSA?
Form 8955-SSA is an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form used by plan administrators to report information about separated plan participants who have deferred vested benefits. It is also known as the Annual Registration Statement Identifying Separated Participants With Deferred Vested Benefits.
The form is required for plans subject to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) with at least one participant with deferred vested benefits. These benefits are those that participants have earned but have not yet received because they are not yet eligible for distribution.
Also please remember that form 8955-SSA must be filed annually, and it is due by the last day of the seventh month after the plan year ends. For example, if the plan year ends on December 31, the form is due by July 31 of the following year.
How To Fill Out Form 8955-SSA Online
If you need to file form 8955-SSA pdf, you have the option to do it online using the PDFliner website. Here are the steps to fill out IRS form 8955 SSA online:
- Visit the PDFliner site which provides a wide variety of different form templates for different situations.
- Find an appropriate template of the IRS 8955-SSA.
- Get a copy of the document, form 8955-SSA downloads for free from the PDFliner website.
- Follow the prompts to enter the required information, including the plan name, plan number, and plan year-end.
- Enter the name and address of the plan sponsor and the plan administrator.
- Provide information about each separated participant with deferred vested benefits, including their name, social security number, date of birth, and the amount of their deferred vested benefit.
- Submit the completed form 8955 SSA electronically.
What Should Form 8955-SSA Include
Form 8955-SSA is used to report information about separated participants with vested benefits in qualified retirement plans. Here's what it should include:
- Plan sponsor's name, address, and employer identification number (EIN)
- Plan name and plan number
- The plan year-end date
- The number of separated participants with vested benefits
- The name, social security number, and last known address of each separated participant with vested benefits
- The date the participant terminated employment
- The amount of the participant's vested benefits
When to Request Form 8955-SSA
Here are some situations when you might need to request form 8955-SSA:
- You are a plan sponsor and you need to report information about separated participants with vested benefits.
- You are a plan administrator and you need to report information about separated participants with vested benefits.
- You are a participant in a qualified retirement plan and you need information about your vested benefits. In this case, you would request the information from the plan sponsor or administrator who would then use this form to report the information.
2021 Fillable Form 8955-SSA for 2021 tax year Fill Out Form
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Form 8955-SSA