Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Connecticut Form CT-1040 EXT
Fill this form
Get your Connecticut Form CT-1040 EXT in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
Understanding CT Form 1040 EXT
Navigating tax documents can be challenging, and Connecticut Form CT-1040 EXT is no exception. This form serves as an application for Connecticut residents who need an extension of time to file their state income tax return. Here, we will delve into the intricacies of this form and provide guidance to ensure accurate completion and submission.
Purpose of form CT 1040 EXT
When circumstances prevent you from filing your Connecticut state tax return by the due date, typically April 15th, Form CT-1040 EXT becomes a crucial document. This form allows individuals to request a six-month extension, moving the filing deadline to October 15th. However, it's essential to understand that this extension only applies to the filing of the tax return, not the payment of any taxes owed.
How To Fill Out the Connecticut Form CT 1040 EXT
The process of completing this Connecticut form template is straightforward, however, attention to detail is key:
- Start by entering your first name, followed by your middle initial and last name, as well as any suffix like "Jr." or "Sr." if applicable. Next, provide your Social Security Number.
- If you're filing jointly, include your spouse's details: their first name, middle initial, last name, and suffix, followed by their Social Security Number.
- Enter your home address, including the number, street, and apartment number if you have one. If you use a PO Box, include that number. Add your daytime telephone number for contact purposes.
- For your mailing location details, enter the city, town, or post office, your state's abbreviation, and the ZIP code. If you are outside the US, include the applicable country code.
- Indicate your request for a six-month extension, which would move the deadline to October 15, 2023, for filing the Connecticut income tax return that pertains to the period starting January 1, 2022, and ending December 31, 2022.
- If your tax year is different from the calendar year, provide the specific dates of your tax year beginning and ending.
- If you applied for a federal extension using Form 4868, check the appropriate box. If you did not request a federal extension, you'll need to explain why you're seeking an extension from Connecticut instead.
- In the financial information section, you're required to calculate your total income tax liability for 2022. Leave out any supporting documents, like W-2s or 1099s.
- You must report any Connecticut income tax you had withheld in the past year.
- List your estimated income tax payments for Connecticut for the year 2022, as well as any overpayments from 2021 that you applied to the current year. Don't forget to claim the Pass-Through Entity Tax Credit if you're eligible.
- Add the values from the withholding and estimated tax payments, including the tax credit, to find the total amount already paid toward your tax liability.
- To determine the tax due with the CT-1040 EXT form, subtract the total payments you already made from your total tax liability for 2022. If your payments exceed your liability, record "0."
Please remember that it is crucial to complete each section accurately, ensuring all information is up-to-date and correct before proceeding with the submission of your form.
Form CT 1040 EXT mailing address
Once you have completed Form CT-1040 EXT, the next step is to ensure that it reaches the Connecticut Department of Revenue Services on time. The form CT-1040 EXT mailing address is provided on the form itself. Here is the address for the forms with payment:
Department of Revenue Services
PO Box 2977
Hartford CT 06104-2977
Here is the address for the forms without payment:
Department of Revenue Services
PO Box 2976
Hartford CT 06104-2976
Don't forget to check the correct address to avoid processing delays. Be sure to mail the form by the original filing deadline to be granted the extension.
Fillable online Connecticut Form CT-1040 EXT
- Fill this form