Get your Bank Statement Authorization Letter in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
Understanding a Letter of Authorization for Bank Statement
A letter of authorization for a bank statement is a document you create and sign to give someone else, often a trusted individual, the power to access or verify your bank details on your behalf. It's mostly used when you're unable to execute the task yourself due to various reasons such as scheduling conflicts, health issues, or distance.
Tips for creating a sample authorization letter for bank statement
While structured templates offer a great starting point, your letter requires personalization to accurately detail your situation. Know that specific language and explicit details help avoid unauthorized tasks outside your specified assignment.
- Keep the language formal and professional
- Make your authorization clear and concise
- Specify the validity duration of this authorization
Filling Out a Bank Statement Authorization Letter
Armed with the understanding of an authorization letter, completing this bank form is a simple process:
- Start with the first section. Here, you'll need to input your full legal name as it appears in your legal and bank documents. Ensure you spell your name accurately to avoid any mishaps with your bank.
- Proceed to the next section. Like your name, you need to include the full legal name of the person who holds the account. If you are the account holder, you can replicate the name utilized in the first section.
- Fill in the 'Bank Name.' This will be the name of the financial institution where the account is held. Be sure to write out the full bank's name and not just an abbreviation.
- In the 'Bank Account Number' section, include the complete account number without leaving out any digits. If you're unsure of the exact number, refer to your bank statement or bank documents for this information.
- The 'Name' section may seem a bit redundant but it's for the individual who will be processing or for the department to which the letter is intended. This could be a bank employee’s name, the name of the loan officer, or the name of the bank’s department.
- The 'Bank Signature' section requires the signature of the bank official authorizing the letter. If you are filling out the form on behalf of the bank, you should sign here.
- Lastly, fill in the 'National ID Number' section. This may either refer to your social security number (if in the USA), or another form of identification number provided by your country's government. The ID number serves as another layer of proof for your identity.
Remember to review all the filled sections for any errors or omissions before saving or printing the filled form. Errors might lead to processing delays or document rejection. Always ensure that all supplied information is correct and up to date.
When to use an authorization letter for bank statement
A bank statement authorization letter comes into play under various circumstances. Let's delve into some instances when this document becomes unavoidable.
- For Personal Use: There might be instances where you are unable to carry out your banking tasks due to health issues, extensive travel, or being located abroad. During such times, an authorization letter for bank statement can prove beneficial, allowing a trusted third party to manage your financial affairs.
- For Business Necessities: Often, in the corporate world, the top executives might not have the luxury of time to devote to financial matters. In such scenarios, a trusted entity like an accountant or financial advisor is authorized through a bank statement authorization letter to handle banking procedures.
- During Legal Procedures: Legal processes often demand a detailed audit of financial transactions. If an attorney is representing your case, you may need to provide them with a 'letter of authorization for bank statement' enabling them to collect, review, and use your financial information efficiently.
- When Applying for Visa: When you apply for a visa, you may be required to provide proof of your financial stability. If you're unable to do this personally, you can delegate this task to a representative by providing them an authorization letter bank statement.
- Rental or Lease Agreements: When leasing or renting a property, the owner may require proof of your financial stability. A bank statement authorization letter can allow your broker or attorney to provide these details on your behalf.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Bank Statement Authorization Letter