Get your SSA Form SS-5-FS (Outside of the U.S.) in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is SSA Form SS-5-FS?
The Form SS 5 FS Application for a Social Security Card is a one-page document issued by the Social Security Administration. To receive a card, you not only need to fill in and file this application but also verify your identity, citizenship, and age.
What do I need the SSA Application Form SS 5 FS for?
- The SS-5-FS Form Fillable is primarily used for getting a Social Security card for yourself or another person (e.g., your kid).
- It should be used if you have lost your card and want to restore it. Remember that SSA has limits on reissuing documents.
- Complete and submit to SSA US Form SS 5 FS if you have modified your name, or your migration status has changed.
- If you find an error in your records, use this template to make corrections.
How to Fill Out SS 5 FS Form?
- To get started, read the instructions from SSA. They describe in detail the requirements for copies of supporting documents and the features of processing applicants’ personal data.
- Enter your full name, the name you wish to use for the SSN card (they can differ), date and place of birth, gender, nationality, and ethnicity.
- Next, write the names of your parents and their SSNs.
- Enter your contact details, the address where your card should be sent, and the date you completed Social Security Form SS 5 FS.
- When submitting the form, attach proof of age (e.g., birth certificate), identity (e.g., driver’s license), and citizenship (e.g., passport) to it.
Where to mail Form SS 5 FS PDF
If you apply for an SSN card for the first time, you will either need to come to the office in person and bring the completed form and all proving documents or mail all paperwork in a hard copy. You can send documents to the Federal Benefits Unit or local SSA office nearby.
Remember that all copies must be certified by the record’s custodian. In other situations, when you want a replacement card, you can fill out a request online in your account on the official SSA website (this service is unavailable in some states).
Organizations that work with SS 5 FS Application
- Social Security Administration
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online SSA Form SS-5-FS (Outside of the U.S.)