Get your OREA Form 405, Amendment to Lease Agreement in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is OREA Form 405?
The OREA form 405 is also known as the Amendment to Agreement to Lease Residential form. It was created by the Ontario Real Estate Association for local use only. You have to be a resident of the Province of Ontario or a candidate for the residency to sign the document. For other provinces, use the form from the local agencies.
This document allows both parties and the real estate broker to make amendments to the original document. To do this, you need to receive the agreement of both parties. If you have signed the lease, you are familiar with the rules and know it legally binds the landlord and tenant. Without mutual consent, you can’t possibly change anything in the agreement. Usually, the landlord wants to make amendments to the agreement. However, it can be a proposition made by the tenant. Brokers can’t change the rules.
The form is standard and requires careful consideration. Before you decide you want to change anything there, contact the other party or your broker and discuss it. You will not be able to make numerous changes whenever you want.
What I need the OREA Form 405 for?
- Landlords may need an amendment to lease agreement whenever a new situation occurs. The amendment may be about the price, deadlines, or even the property. The document does not have specific restrictions on the party's amendments. You can add the changes in the size of the property, for example;
- The tenant requires an amendment to lease agreement Ontario whenever the party finds that the conditions in the original agreement became unacceptable and must be changed somehow. There can be a change in the life of the tenant that requires corrections in the agreement on the property;
- The broker asks for the document if both parties decide they want to change the agreement.
How to fill out OREA Form 405, Amendment to Lease Agreement?
Once both parties decide that they want to add more details to the document that was already signed by them, they can use amendment to agreement to lease residential Ontario. The form is available on the OREA official website and can be downloaded from there. If you want to save time and effort, use PDFLiner, an online editor that allows you to fill in the documents while you open the form.
The whole procedure became quick and painless. Open the form, use the PDF editing tools, complete it, save on your computer, send the copy to the other party, or print and provide it manually. Include the following information in the amendment:
- Provide the names of the tenant and the landlord;
- Include the information from the original agreement with the date when it was signed;
- Describe the amendments you want to make in the document;
- Sign the document and let the other party sign it;
- Provide the current date;
- Ask the witnesses on both sides to sign the document and out the dates;
- Make sure that the brokerage signs the document as well.
Organizations that work with OREA Form 405
- Ontario Real Estate Association;
- Tenants and landlords in Ontario.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online OREA Form 405, Amendment to Lease Agreement