Get your Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What Is a Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification?
The Texas form 01-339, also known as the resale or exemption certificate, is a document used by businesses and individuals to claim exemption from sales and use taxes on certain items or services in Texas. The resale certificate Texas form is issued by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and can be used by buyers to purchase goods or services without paying sales tax if the seller accepts the certificate.
How To Fill Out the TX Comptroller 01-339 Online
Filling out the Texas resale certificate form pdf online is easy and straightforward. Follow these steps:
- Go to the PDFliner website and log in to your account.
- Find and get a copy of the Texas 01-339 fillable form.
- Enter the required information, such as your name, business name (if applicable), and contact information.
- Indicate the reason for the exemption, such as resale or manufacturing, and provide additional details as requested.
- Review the information you entered and submit the Texas resale certificate form.
Once submitted, you can download a copy of the Texas resale certificate pdf for your records. The form is valid for four years from the date of issue, after which you will need to renew it if you wish to continue claiming exemption.
What Should the Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification Form Include
The Texas form 01 339 should include the following information:
- Your name and contact information
- Your business name and contact information (if applicable)
- Your taxpayer identification number (TIN)
- The reason for the exemption, such as resale, manufacturing, or other applicable reason
- A description of the items or services being purchased or sold
- The signature of the buyer or authorized representative
Remember to ensure that all information provided on the Texas 01-339 form is accurate and up-to-date to avoid any issues or delays in processing.
When to Request the TX Comptroller 01-339 Form
There are several situations in which you may need to request a Texas 01 339 form:
- If you are a business that purchases goods or services for resale in Texas, you may need to request the 01 339 tax form to claim exemption from sales tax on those items.
- If you are a manufacturer or processor in Texas, you may need to request the form to claim exemption from sales tax on certain items used in your production process.
- If you are a nonprofit organization in Texas, you may need to request the form to claim exemption from sales tax on certain items or services purchased for your organization's use.
- If you are an out-of-state business that makes sales in Texas, you may need to request the form 01 339 to claim exemption from Texas sales tax on those sales.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification