Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Form 8849 (Schedule 1)
Fill this form
Get your Form 8849 (Schedule 1) in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is Form 8849 Schedule 1?
Form 8849 can be used to get a refund of excise taxes, and its Schedule 1 is dedicated to certain fuels used in a nontaxable way. The list includes gasoline, kerosene, undyed diesel fuel and a variety of alternative fuels.
What I need IRS Form 8849 Schedule 1 for?
As an ultimate purchaser of fuel, you can use Schedule 1 to make a claim for tax refund. However, there are some requirements to be met:
- The total amount claimed should exceed $750. You can make such claim for any quarter of your tax year or simply aggregate amounts from multiple quarters to reach that level;
- Your claim must be filed during the first quarter following the last quarter included in the claim. That means a claim including amounts from months of January through March and April through June must be filed between July 1 and September 30. Only one claim is allowed for every quarter.
How to fill out Schedule 1 Form 8849?
You can fill Schedule 1 online following these steps:
- Enter your name and EIN/SSN in the first two fields. Make sure that this information matches the main form 8849. Then enter the period of claim in MMDDYYYY format in the corresponding fields below;
- Look through Schedule 1 and find a fuel type you want to make a claim for. Enter its type of use code (you can find them in the Type of Use Table in the main form 8849) and the number of gallons. Then multiply that number by the rate shown in column (b). Repeat for every type of fuel you want to claim, leaving other fields blank;
- Add all amounts in column (d) and enter the total sum in the Total refund box at the top. Make sure it exceeds $750, or you won’t be able to get a refund from the IRS. Attach Schedule 1 to your form 8849.
Organizations that work with Form 8849 (Schedule 1)
- Companies that use nontaxable fuels.
Fillable online Form 8849 (Schedule 1)
- Fill this form