Tax FormsFillable tax forms simplify and speed up your tax filing process and aid with recordkeeping.Explore all templatesReal EstateReal estate templates for all cases, from sale to rentals, save you a lot of time and effort.Explore all templatesInsuranceInsurance templates make it easier for agents to manage policies and claims.Explore all templatesLegalLegal templates provide a structured foundation for creating legally binding documents.Explore all templatesMedicalMedical forms help you keep patient documentation organized and secure.Explore all templatesBill of SaleBill of Sale templates streamline the transfer of ownership with clarity and protection.Explore all templatesContractsVarious contract templates ensure efficient and clear legal transactions.Explore all templatesEducationEducational forms and templates enhance the learning experience and student management.Explore all templates
FeaturesThe all-in-one document management system has all the features you need to safely and efficiently handle your PDFs. Dive in, learn how to use all the tools, and become a PDF pro.Explore all featuresShare PDFWith the help of PDFliner you can share your PDF files by email or via the link as soon as you have edited, filled, or signed them online.Sign PDFPDFLiner gives the opportunity to sign documents online, save them, send at once by email or print. Register now, upload your document and e-sign it onlineFill Out PDFPDFLiner provides different tools for filling in PDF forms. All you need is to register, upload the necessary document and start filling it out.Draw on a PDFDraw lines, circles, and other drawings on PDF using tools of PDFLiner online. Streamline your document editing process, speeding up your productivity
- Log in
- Sign Up
Fillable Lien Satisfied, Title Holder Release (REG 166)
Fill this form
Get your Lien Satisfied, Title Holder Release (REG 166) in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
What is REG 166 Form?
California REG 166 is also known as Lien Satisfied/Legal Owner/Title Holder Release document. If you are a private person who wants to receive the confirmation of the new title release for your vehicle, you need to notarize the document. Meanwhile, insurance companies that want to receive a Salvage Certificate don’t need to use notary public services for CA DMV REG 166.
This document has numerous demands that you have to follow as well. You can’t use it for the paperless title. Moreover, you can’t fill the lien satisfied/legal owner/title holder release if you own the vehicle for only 2 years or less. In this case, the owner's interest can be released with a Certificate of Title.
The form was created by the California State Department of Motor Vehicles. The information in the California DMV lien satisfied title holder release is requested by this organization and kept in their archives. You need an official signature and stamp of the notary public for it.
What I need the REG 166 Form for?
- REG 166 form is required in case you need to change the title of your car, receive the legal ownership proof, or lien satisfied title holder release. In this case, you need to state the form to the Department of Motor Vehicles. This form can be used by California drivers only;
- You need REG 166 CA DMV in case you work in the insurance company and you need to have the Salvage Certificate;
- This form is required by the Department of Motor Vehicles in California to keep the record of each driver that is a citizen of the state. It must be confirmed by the notary public.
How to Fill Out REG 166 Form?
You can find lien satisfied REG 166 form here on PDFLiner. It is available free of charge and ready to be completed by the user. You may open it and begin to fill it online. You can also download it on your device and keep it there till you need it. Once the DMV form REG 166 is completed you can either send it online to the notary public, send it via email, send it to the DMV of California, or just print it and hand it in manually.
The form is simple to understand. It is only one page long. You will quickly learn what to do. Here is what you need to include in lien satisfied legal owner title holder release:
- Provide information about the vehicle in section 1, including the license number, builder, year, and ID number;
- Provide information about the registered owner in section 2, including full name;
- Describe your goal of the document in section 3, including the name of the bank or finance company, residence or business address, and city, put the signature of the legal owner, and type the name of the authorized agent. Don’t forget to put the date, phone number, and title of the agent who acts on your behalf;
- Leave section 4 for the notary public.
Organizations that work with REG 166 Form
- A State of California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Fillable online Lien Satisfied, Title Holder Release (REG 166)
- Fill this form