Printable blank VA Form 9 (Substantive Appeal Form)
The VA Form 9, also referred to as the Substantive Appeal Form, is a 5-page document used by veterans who disagree with the decision made by the Board of Veterans concerning their claim for a loan or disability benefits. The form can be filed by the veteran or their trusted person.
What You Need VA Form 9 For
Here’s what submitting the VA Form 9 helps you with:
- Requesting reconsideration of the decision made by the Board of Veterans;
- Escalating the matter from the VA Regional Office to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals;
- Gaining the possibility to correct possible errors in VA decisions.
It should be pointed out that there is no established schedule for VA Form 9 resolutions. It varies from situation to situation and is mainly determined by the unique specifics of each case.
How to Fill out VA Form 9
You must complete the VA Form 9 application, specifying the following data:
- The name of the veteran;
- File number along with insurance file number;
- Details about yourself: choose if you’re a veteran, their widow/widower, child, or any other family member;
- Your contact details;
- The list of issues you intend to appeal to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals;
- Brief explanations as to why you reckon that VA has provided a poor solution for your case.
It’s preferable that your application is accompanied by all possible supporting documents in order to provide evidence of an error in the VA final decision.
Organizations that Work with VA Form 9
The Board of Veterans’ Appeals
Hear What PDFLiner Users Have to Say & Join Them Today
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!