Get your Burial Assistance Application in 3 easy steps
01 Fill and edit template
02 Sign it online
03 Export or print immediately
FAQ: Funeral Burial Assistance Popular Questions
How to apply for funeral and burial payment assistance?
Funeral and burial payment assistance is available through the Department of Veterans Affairs. It's also available through the Social Security Administration.To apply, you'll need to provide proof of death, proof of your relationship to the deceased, and proof of your income and assets.
Who pays for burial when there is no family?
When there is no family to pay for a burial, the funeral home will often front the cost and then be reimbursed by the state or county.
How to get financial assistance for a funeral?
There are a number of ways to get financial assistance for a funeral:
- Check with the deceased's employer. Some employers offer death benefits that can help cover funeral expenses.
- Contact the Social Security Administration. If the deceased was receiving Social Security benefits, the family may be eligible for a one-time death benefit.
- Apply for a funeral grant from the government. The federal government offers grants to help cover funeral expenses for low-income individuals.
- Set up a funeral fund. Family and friends can contribute to a funeral fund to help cover the costs.
- Get a loan. Some funeral homes offer financing options to help cover the cost of a funeral.
What people say
Now that I’ve switched from Word to PDFLiner, I save lots of time processing and digitally distributing tons of billing forms, work orders, forecast reports, and invoices. In addition to this, thanks to PDFLiner, we’ve significantly minimized our paper consumption. Excellent tool that helps me cope with my business workflow faster and easier.
PDFLiner allows me to streamline the processes of generating and managing legal documents, as well as collecting electronic signatures for all my contracts and agreements. I like that I can customize forms on the go and access PDFLiner from all my gadgets. No more printing or scanning! That’s just brilliant!
When you’re a student, you deal with PDFs a lot… Newsletters, various worksheets, official forms you need to fill in and sign, etc… To me, filling out a PDF form used to be among the trickiest and most time-consuming things ever. But then a friend of mine introduced me to PDFLiner, and oh my God, my life has changed since then. It’s easy to use and has so many great features. Just awesome, I love it!
Fillable online Burial Assistance Application